L'Hotel in Pietra is located in the Sassi of Matera (Sasso Barisano). It is a boutique hotel, thanks to its exclusiveness, its refinement and the atmosphere of intimacy that shines through each corner. The 7 rooms and 2 suites,different from each other, are dug in the rock and integrate harmoniously to the hotel common spaces: reading room, with cellar made out of an ancient cistern and the large hall, in a XII century church. The hotel opened on January 2008. The three-year renovation was attentively directed by the architects Giuseppe and Michele Andrisani who carefully preserved its originality and by Cristina Bergamini, interior designer, who took care of the style, with a detailed choose of furnishings, giving the hotel its own personality and uniqueness. The rooms emphasise the atmosphere of exquisite welcome: each is different from the other and is enriched by a touch of fantasy.
In order to ensure the high standards required, the selection criteria adopted by the Certification Commission are very strict and also include:
- More than 164.610 Club Members' suggestions and recommendations
- Scores obtained during anonymous Quality Control inspections
- Renovations quality
- Presence of elements of historical, artistic and cultural relevance
- Rooms' intimacy and exclusivity
- Notoriety, reviews, references from certified partners
- Advertisement and information pack (website, brochures, catalogues, etc...)
- Reception service and customization level
L'Hotel in Pietra was awarded the Silver Crown after successfully completing the Preliminary Assessment of Eligibility under the rigorous supervision of Residenze d'Epoca's Certification Commission. A total of 25 Quality Assessments under the Residenze d'Epoca Certification Protocol have been passed.
25 QUALITY CONTROLS PASSED
FREQUENTLY CONTROL: YEARLY
Ref. Certification Protocol: 6 December 2022