L'Hotel in Pietra is located in the Sassi of Matera (Sasso Barisano). It is a boutique hotel, thanks to its exclusiveness, its refinement and the atmosphere of intimacy that shines through each corner. The 7 rooms and 2 suites,different from each other, are dug in the rock and integrate harmoniously to the hotel common spaces: reading room, with cellar made out of an ancient cistern and the large hall, in a XII century church. The hotel opened on January 2008. The three-year renovation was attentively directed by the architects Giuseppe and Michele Andrisani who carefully preserved its originality and by Cristina Bergamini, interior designer, who took care of the style, with a detailed choose of furnishings, giving the hotel its own personality and uniqueness. The rooms emphasise the atmosphere of exquisite welcome: each is different from the other and is enriched by a touch of fantasy.
Seal of Excellence of italian historic houses
In order to ensure the high standards required, the selection criteria adopted by the Certification Commission are very strict and also include:
- More than 148.768 Club Members' suggestions and recommendations
- Scores obtained during anonymous Quality Control inspections
- Renovations quality
- Presence of elements of historical, artistic and cultural relevance
- Rooms' intimacy and exclusivity
- Notoriety, reviews, references from certified partners
- Advertisement and information pack (website, brochures, catalogues, etc...)
- Reception service and customization level
L'Hotel in Pietra has successfully passed the 100 Quality Controls established by the "Certification Protocol of Historic Houses of Excellence" and is properly certified by the ITALIAN REGISTRY OF THE HISTORIC HOUSES OF EXCELLENCE.
LATEST RELEASE Seal of Excellence: 3 September 2019
Ref. Certification Protocol: 5062/246.19