Santo Stefano di Sessanio is a fortified medieval burgh rising on a pre-existent Italic-Roman site. It located at an altitude of 1250 metres deep in the heart of the Apennine mountains near L'Aquila inside the Gran Sasso & Monti della Laga National Park, in Abruzzo. The burgh's current urban structure was established in the Middle Ages during the then nascent castle-building phenomenon and features a landscape dotted by fortified highland habitats, still very much one of the historical and topographical elements characterising Central Italy today.
Seal of Excellence of italian historic houses
In order to ensure the high standards required, the selection criteria adopted by the Certification Commission are very strict and also include:
- More than 148.705 Club Members' suggestions and recommendations
- Scores obtained during anonymous Quality Control inspections
- Renovations quality
- Presence of elements of historical, artistic and cultural relevance
- Rooms' intimacy and exclusivity
- Notoriety, reviews, references from certified partners
- Advertisement and information pack (website, brochures, catalogues, etc...)
- Reception service and customization level
Sextantio has successfully passed the 100 Quality Controls established by the "Certification Protocol of Historic Houses of Excellence" and is properly certified by the ITALIAN REGISTRY OF THE HISTORIC HOUSES OF EXCELLENCE.
LATEST RELEASE Seal of Excellence: 17 June 2019
Ref. Certification Protocol: 4204/168.19