The estate of Monsoglio, with its late sixteenth century villa, has been the property of the Florentine family Da Cepperello Pasquali since 1884. The original nucleus of the villa, realized in the mid 1570s, was constructed on the remains of a hospital sponsored by the Peruzzi family. The villas plan is centered on the great entrance stairwell attributed to Buontalenti, who is documented as working in the region between 1573-74. The interior of the villa was decorated completely with frescoes by Atanasio Bimbacci and his workshop.
Owned today by Gianluca and Marina Mosiici, descendents of the nobile family, the estate is in a pristine state of condition due to the restoration campaign that was performed onsite under the Soprintendenza dei beni artistici ed architettonici of the province of Arezzo between 2005 to 2011. Concerned with a complete renovation of the villa and its grounds, the restoration team returned the estate to its original splendor. [show more...]