The Ancient Convent was built in the early XIX century by Father Andrea da Quarata.
The original complex consists in two floors, a courtyard and two Cloisters where the small cells of the Friars overlooked. The structure is very simple, consisting in several rooms and long hallways that follow the whole perimeter. Next to the convent it was built a large Church, now deconsecrated, with a central nave, apses and six side chapels equipped with altars with large original paintings on canvas. On the right side of the Church there is a small Private Chapel dating 1900 still consecrated; at the date it is used to celebrate Golden Wedding Anniversary, Silver Wedding Anniversary and other Minor Celebrations.
Over the years the Convent was increasingly abandoned by the friars, also due to the lack of religious vocations which forced the comunity to leave this peaceful place. [show more...]