Villa Spera, now Corte dei Leoni, is an art nouveau villa built by Adolfo Avena. It's location, at the height of the hill, on the border between the Vomero and Posillipo, allows the front side, a spectacular view of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples. Built in 1922, as attested by a plaque placed by the author in Latin on the facade, is characterized by a marked eclecticism. The villa was also home to the German headquarters during the Nazi occupation. Restored in the late nineties, now is the perfect setting for ceremonies and weddings, and is called "Court of Lions", recalling the custom of its first owner, who loves exotic animals, leaving the lions in the lobby free to walk.