This palace was built for the investiture of Gravedona, Sorico and Dongo as the "Tre Pievi" county, conferred by Philip the Second upon Cardinal Gallio in 1579. It was built on the ruins of the Gravedona castle, probably following a plan by Pellegrino Tibaldi (1527-1596). After various ownerships, it now belongs to the Frova family and it is the seat of the Higher West Lario Mountain Community.
Externally the palace presents a square plan with solid angular towers lightened by loggias and belvederes. It has three floors and its aspect is softened by orders of windows. Internally there is a vast two-floor hall which various decorated rooms branch from.