The "Villa di Catignano" was built at the end of XVII century by the ancestor of the currents proprietors, Quinto Settano, pseudonym of Monsignor Lodovico Sergardi, a writer and a lover of the arts. The small borough already existed in 1500 with the name of "Clatinianum" as a property of Sergardi family. Nowadays the Villa, overlooking a beautiful italian garden, decorated with statues representing the four season, and the medievaltowers of Siena in the distance, welcomes guests who appreciate historical sites and suggestive atmospheres. The Villa is divided into large apartments, the most suggestive ones can be reached walking through the large entrance hall dominated by the coat of arms of the Sergardi family and their motto "Expertus fidelem". Guests will appreciate lemon trees, vases of geraniums all around the Villa and the Arcadian atmosphere wich has been for centuries a frame to the tradition of a family of notaries and lovers of letters and arts. We are certain that the peace and serenity of this ensemble will remain with them forever.
Certificate of Excellence Residenze d'Epoca
In order to ensure the high standards required, the selection criteria adopted by the Certification Commission are very strict and also include:
- more than 141.849 Club Members' suggestions and recommendations
- scores obtained during anonymous Quality Control inspections
- renovations quality
- presence of elements of historical, artistic and cultural relevance
- rooms' intimacy and exclusivity
- notoriety, online reviews, references from certified partners
- advertisement and information pack (website, brochures, catalogues, etc...)
- reception service and customization level
Villa di Catignano has passed over 100 Quality Controls over the last 12 months.
LATEST RELEASE: 4 December 2018