The Villa stands at the foot of the Colline Lucchesi, situated approximately 7 km north from Lucca. It was built on the ruins of a medieval village and of a fortress, near the Romanesque Church "Pieve di San Pancrazio", of which, during archaeological researches, were found various ruins.
Probably built on a already existent building dated 1412, it belonged from the very beginning of the XVI century to the very powerful merchant Diodati family of Lucca. During recent researches it was discovered that in 1550 it was in Gothic Style, with mullioned windows on the first floor and a dovecot embattled tower.
It is very likely that, at the end of the XVI century, it assumed a Renaissance style, which is still visible in the open gallery with three arcades held by columns in Tuscanic order and by "peducci", also Tuscanic, which now hold the vault of one of the drawing-rooms on the ground floor. [show more...]